Nootropics – aka, brain supplements – are becoming more and more popular today. People from everywhere use nootropics to support their brain function in a natural, safe, and inexpensive way.
Nootropic supplements are made of ingredients commonly found in food and herbs, albeit in higher concentrations. These ingredients, when combined, positively affect brain areas related to memory retention, information processing, and mental energy.
There are many nootropic supplements to pick from. It’s crucial to do your research on the product and its manufacturer to ensure you’re getting your money’s worth – including the ones we list here.
That said, we’ve compiled a list of the 3 nootropic supplements that we can confidently recommend as some of the best options you can find on the market.
The following brain supplements all contain safe and evidenced ingredients in scientifically-backed dosages, are produced by reputable companies, and enjoy excellent ratings online.
- Support your mood & focus
- Strengthen memory
- Get more done faster
- Protect neuronal health
We didn’t personally use the following supplements; instead, we compared their ingredients against the scientific data to see how safe & effective they will be for you. This has enabled us to share the top 3 best nootropic supplements we recommend in 2023.
1. Hunter Focus – The High-Dosed Brain Supplement
“Focus by Hunter Evolve is a product that gives more. More ingredients, more servings, more quality.”
Hunter Focus is a top-tier brain supplement specifically made for people who live high-pressure lives. Helping you achieve your goals, solve complex tasks, and keep your brain sharp in all situations.
Hunter Focus is our number #1 pick because of its awesome formula. Made by supplement specialists from Roar Ambition (U.K.), Hunter Focus contains some of the most potent natural brain health enhancers in high doses for maximum effectiveness.
Hunter Focus has 20 nootropics, many of which are backed by robust clinical evidence. Hunter Focus’ ingredients weren’t randomly thrown together; instead, they work in synergy to produce wide-range brain health benefits.
Let’s look at some examples.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom in Hunter Focus is shown to support nerve regeneration, helping you to keep a youthful brain, along with supporting brain plasticity and reducing brain fog.
- Ashwagandha is added to Hunter Focus to reduce stress hormones like cortisol, while also working to repair brain cells from damage caused by chronic stress.
- Bacopa Monnieri improves information processing, thanks to its positive effect on dendrite growth (dendrites are extensions of our brain cells).
- Acetyl L-Tyrosine helps to replenish dopamine, a neurotransmitter that our brain needs to maintain concentration, multitasking, and mental clarity.
- L-theanine is known to improve alpha brain waves, which in turn, dials down the anxiety and improves creativity. It also enhances the positive effects of caffeine in Hunter Focus while reducing the risk of jitters.
There are too many ingredients in Hunter Focus to cover each one in this post alone, but a few other notable mentions are Pine Bark Extract (which protects your brain cells from inflammation). Along with Phosphatidylserine, which is currently the only FDA-approved nootropic for supporting brain function.
How to Take?
With Hunter Focus you’re getting an unrivaled 180 capsules per bottle, with a serving of 6 capsules per day, split into 2 servings with meals (breakfast and lunch, avoid taking it too late in the day due to caffeine).
- Potent formulation with 20 evidenced nootropics
- Transparent label clearly shows ingredient doses
- Free of harmful synthetic ingredients
- Healthy for daily use
- High-dosed for fast and concrete results
- Great value for money with 180 capsules per bottle
- Not cheap
- Contains 100mg of caffeine – not for people who are extremely sensitive to stimulants
- It can only be purchased on the official website (Amazon batches are not sold by the manufacturer and can easily be past their expiration date): www.hunterevolve.com
Hunter Focus is the most comprehensive nootropic formula we’ve seen.
The ingredients are optimally (and safely) dosed. There are no marketing gimmicks or proprietary blends that hide important ingredient information. What you see is what you get.
Hunter Focus comes with one downside, though, and that is the price. We know it’s made to deliver the absolute best quality, but some people will prefer a cheaper supplement. With that said, Hunter Focus is definitely worth trying if you can afford it.
Interested in Hunter Focus?
2. Mind Lab Pro – Best Value for Money Option
With 11 clinically-backed ingredients, Mind Lab Pro is a “universal nootropic” formulated to enhance 6 brain pathways, including; brainwaves, neurotransmitters, brain cell regeneration, neuroprotection, and brain energy.
People of all backgrounds use Mind Lab Pro – from students to CEOs, athletes, and seniors – to enhance their cognitive function.
Made by the U.K. specialist company Opti-Nutra, Mind Lab Pro has excellent reviews and some of the best ratings out of any brain supplement. It is endorsed by high-profile individuals such as Nigel Short (Chess Grandmaster) and Sara Oberrauch (neuroscientist).
One thing you may notice is that Mind Lab Pro contains fewer ingredients than Hunter Focus. However, the benefits are just as impressive according to many users. The formula is free of cheap synthetics, and it is made in cGMP and FDA-approved facilities.
What’s in it?
Mind Lab Pro has ingredients that work together to boost your energy, lift your mood, strengthen your memory, and help you focus & concentrate.
Many of the ingredients in Mind Lab Pro are patented, including Sharp-PS® Green (Phosphatidylserine), which has both short-term and long-term cognitive benefits.
There is also Citicoline, a staple nootropic nutrient. Many peer-reviewed studies show that citicoline improves executive functions such as learning and information processing. Plus, it has been shown to raise brain energy production.
Rhodiola Rosea is a non-stimulating herb that reduces fatigue and brain fog. It also protects your neurons from the damage caused by stress.
Meanwhile, the essential B6, B9, and B12 vitamins help your brain efficiently use glucose for energy. Additionally, the B-complex vitamins are essential for many other bodily functions, such as protecting your capillaries from the damaging effects of homocysteine.
If you want to boost your natural energy and brain performance without relying on caffeine or other stimulants, Mind Lab Pro is one of the best supplements for that purpose right now.
How to take it
2 capsules of Mind Lab Pro per day with one of your meals. You can take up to 4 capsules per day when you need an extra boost.
- Research-supported formula with patented compounds
- Supports 6 brain pathways related to memory retention, mental focus, and motivation
- Designed for people of all backgrounds
- High ratings from regular Joes and professionals alike
- Opti-Nutra is a reputable company known for its premium in-house supplements
- Awesome bulk-buy savings on their website
- Only officially sells on its website: mindlabpro.com
- Lacks stimulants (some people prefer a stronger “kick”)
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic that ticks all the right boxes, including safety, quality, and ingredient choice. If you want an effective nootropic that is low-stim and gives you clean energy, then get your hands on a supply of this one. It’s not a cheap supplement by any means, as can be seen by the premium ingredients inside, but it’s a fantastic value considering its premium formulation.
The only downside for us is the inclusion of B vitamins. Most of us already get enough through our diets.
With that said, you really can’t go wrong with Mind Lab Pro because it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee (minus shipping).
Because of all of this, MLP has a confident thumbs up from us.
Interested in Mind Lab Pro?
Nooceptin is another highly effective nootropic stack. It contains the following ingredients, all of which boast strong pedigree in terms of scientific research:
- 200mg of Citicoline, 400mg of Lion’s Mane Extract, 200mg of L-Theanine, 200mg of Panax Ginseng, 150mg of Rhodiola Rosea, 150mg of Bacopa Monnieri, and 100mg of Ginkgo Biloba.
Although it’s relatively new on the scene, Nooceptin is already making waves online. The ingredients are all clinically backed to support your focus, memory function, and long-range cognitive health. The formula is extremely straightforward and most importantly – it works. There are no gimmicks or fluff inside Nooceptin.
You could easily put it on the number #1 spot on this list and it wouldn’t be too far off the mark. In fact, we think Nooceptin is going to give you similar benefits as any other supplement in this guide, including:
- Improved brain function
- Elevated energy levels
- Heightened verbal fluency
- Enhanced concentration
- Better multitasking
- Clearer memory & recall
The dosages of Nooceptin’s ingredients are on-point, too. The product is made in the USA in FDA-inspected facilities.
The price of $69 for a 30-day course of Nooceptin is on the higher end, but the results are worth it for people who can afford it. Cheaper nootropics just don’t cut it when it comes to getting concrete results. Lower price means they have to sacrifice something, such as not using all the right ingredients, or putting lower dosages of ingredients making them ineffective.
- Contains 7 of the best-researched nootropic ingredients
- Helps the mind heal from stress
- Improves mental energy naturally and without stimulants
- Ingredients are safe and optimally dosed for effectiveness
- Could use a few additional nootropics such as L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP
- Only sells from nooceptin.com
Interested in Nooceptin?
Best Nootropics of 2023 – The Bottom Line
That’s it from us, folks – that was our guide to our top 3 recommended nootropics of 2023.
Our top picks right now are Hunter Focus and Mind Lab Pro. Both are top-of-the-line in just about every area: benefits, ingredient quality and safety, and track record in terms of people’s reviews and testimonials.
Nooceptin is another trustworthy brain supplement for people who just want a straightforward formula that they know is going to work. It’s safe, it has proven and effective ingredients, and it’s healthy for daily use.
Please note, as we mentioned early on in our article, we are not sponsored by any of these brands. We are, however, in an affiliate partnership with them. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
We chose these products based on our inspection of their ingredients and the scientific research behind them. We’re confident any of these 3 products will work for most people who’re looking to improve their memory, focus, and cognitive function as a whole.
Got questions? Ask away in the comments below!
Leave a Reply