The House Committee on Energy and Commerce, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, will hold a hearing titled "EPA's Enforcement Program: Taking the Environmental Cop Off the Beat." The hearing will examine the effectiveness and consistency of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in implementing and enforcing federal environmental regulations and laws, as well as the resulting impacts of the Agency’s efforts and actions on human health and the environment.
- The Honorable Susan Bodine: Assistant Administrator, Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Bruce Buckheit, JD, MS: Analyst and Consultant, Former Director, Air Enforcement Division, Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Bakeyah Nelson, PhD: Executive Director, Air Alliance Houston
- Eric Schaeffer, JD: Executive Director, Environmental Integrity Project
- Chris Sellers, PhD, MD: Professor of History, Director, Center for the Study of Inequality and Social Justice, Stony Brook University
- Jay Shimshak, PhD: Associate Professor of Public Policy and Economics, Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, University of Virginia
- The Honorable Ronald J. Tenpas, JD: Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP, Former Assistant Attorney General, Environment and Natural Resources Division, US Department of Justice
Members of the public may attend in person or via webcast. More information is available at the Committee's website.