The House Committee on Energy and Commerce, Subcommittee on Energy, will hold a hearing on the Department of Energy’s (DOE) delay of 16 appliance energy efficiency standards and its illegal failure to publish Final Energy Conservation Standards. The hearing, initially scheduled for February 12, was postponed due to the funeral service for the late Chairman John D. Dingell.
This hearing will discuss efficiency standards and the impact of climate change.
- Daniel Simmons: Assistant Secretary, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Department of Energy
- Katherine Kennedy: Senior Director, Climate & Clean Energy Program, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Andrew deLaski: Executive Director, Appliance Standards Awareness Project, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
- Charles Harak: Senior Attorney, Energy and Utility Issues, National Consumer Law Center
- David Friedman: Vice President, Advocacy, Consumer Reports
- Joseph M. McGuire: President and CEO, Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM)
- Stephen Yurek: President and CEO, Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)